If you suffered an injury in a car accident, a car accident attorney in Marietta, GA, may be able to help you recover compensation for your damages and losses. One of the essential tools in building a strong case on your behalf is your accident report from the Marietta Police Dept. It’s always a good idea to report your accident immediately to the Marietta Police Department after a car accident. Police will come to the scene of the accident and report their findings. Police accident reports may include opinions of fault in a car accident.
What Is an Accident Report?
When there is a car accident in Marietta, GA, the police create an official document called an accident report. In an accident report, the police provide details observed while at the car accident scene. The information in an accident report may include the following:
- Names and addresses of involved parties;
- Insurance information for involved parties;
- Identifying information for witnesses;
- Location of damage to involved vehicles;
- Weather, roadway, and lighting conditions at the scene of the accident;
- Statements from involved parties and witnesses;
- Whether there are any violations of law or citations issued; and
- Issuance of a citation to the party the officer deems “at fault”
Police represent an impartial party; therefore, car accident reports prepared by the Marietta Police Dept may represent credible information useful to your attorney.
Do I Have to Report My Accident?
In general, Georgia law requires you to report your accident if the accident results in more than $500 in damage. Additionally, Georgia law requires you to report these accidents to the police immediately. An accident report may help assist a car accident attorney in Marietta, GA, in building your personal injury case.
How Do I Get My Accident Report from the Marietta Police Dept?
There are typically three ways to obtain your accident report from the Marietta Police Department. These include the following:
- Go to the Marietta Police Department and pick up your accident report;
- Order your accident report online through the Marietta Police Dept; and
- Have your attorney obtain a copy of your car accident report.
A car accident report in Marietta, GA, typically requires payment of a small fee for processing and copying.
A car accident report from the Marietta Police Department may serve as a valuable tool for your attorney in compiling details regarding your car accident. The personal injury attorneys at Weatherby Law Firm, P.C. provide high-quality representation to clients involved in car accidents throughout the United States. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Weatherby Law Firm, P.C. assists clients involved in car accidents in Marietta, GA. The attorneys at Weatherby Law Firm, P.C. have built a reputation based on a dedicated commitment to all clients through honorable and efficient legal counsel. We understand the difficulties you face after a car accident in Marietta and we are determined to make the lives of our clients better. Contact us today to discuss the facts of your case and how we can help you move forward.